Provide First Aid
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
This workshop provides participants with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills required to provide a First Aid response to a casualty in situations where they may be injured and ill until medical assistance arrives. HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is also included in this workshop.
This course applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Online, classroom, and/or in field (workplace).
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Situation assessment and management
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child and Infant
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Injuries, illnesses and envenomation
- Communicate incident details to emergency services