Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods.
This workshop covers the skills and knowledge required to shift loads safely by using manual handling methods. Work needs to be performed within the relevant work health and safety (WHS) regulations in relation to manual handling and movement of loads.
This workshop is appropriate for people required to undertake manual handling tasks as part of their workplace duties.
- Reduction to number of injuries in the workplace
- Adherence to manual handling procedures
- Relevant legislation, procedures and guidelines
- Risks of manual handling
- Controlled actions during lifting
- Load shift distances
- Frequency of shifting operations
- Load on spine during lifting
- Postures and positions during lifting
- Type, weight and position of load
- Work and site layout (including obstacles)